Memories & Keepsakes


"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,... a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1,2,6b,7


My beautiful mom


Living about 90 minutes from Mom and Dad, I wondered how I could be of help to them in meaningful, as well as practical ways. I am confident that God cares about the global scale of things and the tiniest details. (Why else would He number the hairs on our heads ~ Luke 12:7; or take note of when a sparrow falls to the ground ~ Matthew 10:29?) So, when we ask for wisdom/ideas He graciously supplies them. I believe He gave me ideas ranging from menu planning/grocery shopping to helping out in preparation for their move later in 2023.

Mom and Dad will be moving this fall and there is much that needs to be accomplished beforehand. Every other week when I come out to spend the day, Dad and I have purposed to go through all the many, many boxes in their garage to determine what to keep, donate or toss. To be honest, initially this project felt quite daunting. I can still feel overwhelmed at times but there have been wonderful blessings that have accompanied these hours with my Dad (and sometimes Mom too 😊... like last Monday). Obviously, simply spending time with my parents is a joy. It also feels good to see incremental progress each visit. Baby steps.

One of the "fringe benefits" to helping in the garage is coming across photographs and cards, as well as drawings various grandchildren made for Nanny and Poppa  through the years. Dad and I have to resist the urge to linger over keepsakes, etc. so we can be productive. (There are several boxes filled with photographs, etc. that have been set aside for a later date.)

My Grandma, Bauma, Baba, Mom and me (Mother's Day cake/celebration?)


Seeing these keepsakes is a reminder of the treasure that family and relationships are to us. We are blessed indeed!

Updates:
  • Ann had her maintenance dose of oral chemo (Temodar) last week. Thankfully, Zofran keeps mom from experiencing any nausea. 🎉
  • Wednesday she will have an MRI at Newport Diagnostics. Please pray that the radiology report is provided quickly.
  • Mom may be experiencing edema again as my Dad has noticed she is not "herself" these past weeks. Prayers that the MRI will provide clarity for what is going on with her.
Prayer & Praise:
  • We are so thankful for the continued donations to the GoFundMe toward the caregiving expenses for Mom. This is truly a blessing and answer to prayer.
  • Also, praise for the women who have been providing such good care for Mom.
  • With that... please pray that there will be continued provision for Mom to receive caregiving.
  • I don't recall the timing but Mom's urologist wants to do an additional procedure on her bladder. Prayers for it to go without any complications.
  • Prayers for additional people/family to help with all that needs to be done in preparation for Mom and Dad's move later this year.
  • Finally, Dad has been taking care of many things. Prayers for strength, God's peace and wisdom would be wonderful. 

Thankful for my precious family,
Terrie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ann's Obituary

In My Father’s House