The Tiny Little Blessings


"Lord...give me the gift of faith to be renewed and shared with others each day. Teach me to live this moment only, looking neither to the past with regret, nor the future with apprehension. Let love be my aim and my life a prayer." Roseann Alexander Isham


The extended Rupp family in 2019


This will be a pretty brief post (since it's 12:38 a.m. 😊). The title refers to a text from a dear friend who encouraged me to look for the "tiny little blessings" in the midst of the hard. And I have been on the lookout for blessings ~ tiny and not-so-tiny. As far as tiny blessings: when I arrived at mom and dad's house last week there was a family of four bluebirds in their jacaranda tree. I πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™ birds and bluebirds are some of my "faves". This seemed a "God smooch", especially as my Abba seems to send birds my way in those moments when I am sad or discouraged. For some it might be Monarch butterflies, but for me a black Phoebe, chickadee or a bluebird sighting definitely delights my soul.


Birds/Bluebirds are my love language

Today was a day of answered prayer, clarity and a renewed sense of direction for our family. Though I can not give specifics, suffice it to say that we (especially my dad) feel more empowered about my mom's care. This is a not so tiny blessing indeed!

Updates:

  • Mom has been on the oncology floor at Mission Hospital since Monday. She was to begin receiving chemo and radiation treatments starting tomorrow.
  • I got to spend a couple hours with mom this afternoon. My dad and I left when mom's boss, Kristen and a co-worker arrived for a visit. Later my Uncle John, Aunt Susan, Aunt Moira and Glenda (a dear friend of mom and dad's) visited with mom. John said that mom really seemed to be stimulated by all the "yapping" 😊 aka animated conversation during their extended visit.
  • Dad, Michael and I have a meeting tomorrow at Mission Hospital to get clarity on various things (i.e. prognosis) to make a more informed decision regarding her care.
  • Chemo and radiation have been "tabled" until after our meeting tomorrow at noon.
Prayer requests:
  • Please pray for our meeting tomorrow. That we would get good information.
  • For supernatural wisdom. We want to make wise decisions that are in the very best interest of my mom.
It is of great comfort that our good, loving and sovereign God is orchestrating circumstances for the good of my mom, dad and all those who so dearly love Ann. Thank you all for your prayers and loving thoughts for mom and our family. Please know that they are availing much!

With peace and joy,
Terrie

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them."
Romans 8:28

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ann's Obituary

In My Father’s House